Plastic packaging ends up in landfills

✘ Lie
Plastic packaging ends up in landfills and doesn't degrade. 

 ✔ Truth
Less and less plastic ends up in landfills. In 2018, 29.1 million tonnes of plastic waste were collected in the EU28+NO/CH in order to be treated. Only 25% of it was sent to landfills in that year. The other 75% was either recycled or used for energy recovery. Read here to learn why nothing degrades in landfills.

Source: PlasticsEurope, Plastics – the Facts 2020